Sunday, June 29, 2008

29th of June: Aloha From Michigan


It has been a wonderful week for my family and I. Mom just got done with her classes for the summer and is looking forward to taking some needed vacation time. We are hoping to get a chance to return to the Islands in July. We have a family reunion the dad wants to attend so that he can show off mommy and I. Dad has promised to give me my first swimming lesson in the same pond that he received his...Hau'ula Beach Park Kiddy Pool. I can't wait. I'm hoping that he teaches me how to fish and catch squid. We are also hoping to get to see Uncle Lamont and Aunt Katie in San Fran. They haven't seen me yet so this will be a first for us. We might get lucky and see my Uncle Jeff and the Ohana down in orange as well. I would love to have a picture with my cousins Syd and Jaymie. I'll keep my toes crossed.

Dad is back to work and working hard. The people at work seem to really miss him. They must really like him. Mom and I miss him as well and think he's pretty swell. Although it is "hard to say goodbye" it is always nice when he comes home to us.

Dad has spent a good portion of his time taking some pictures of me. Here are some old sledding videos and pictures, as well as some of his latest pics. He, along with all the young single adult sisters in the University Ward, and Mom, seem to think that I'm cute. Well, Mom and Dad are bias. As for the sisters in the Ward...I think that they are pretty good looking myself. But Dad says that I have a long way to go before I can be worthy of any of them. He really feels for them. They are wonderful, Dad says, and hopes that they will find peace, love, happiness, and all the our Heavenly Father has in store for them. He wishes that there were enough righteous men for each of them but that just isn't the case. He, and Mom, keep hoping though. Either way they are of great worth and He hopes that they know that for themselves. Dad says that it is a lot easier being happily married if you have been happily single.

Mom and Dad will be celebrating 1 year of marriage tomorrow...Hip Hip...Hurray. They look good together. Man how the time flies. It just seems like yesterday Dad and Mom just met and now look........I'm here. Heavenly Father sure works in mysterious ways...thank goodness. These are great times for are Ohana and we love to share them with all of you. Thank you all for checking in on how we are doing. We love your comments that you leave us. We love the wonderful titles that you have offered up and hope you continue to do so. We hope to hear more from you but until then....Love and Aloha from Da Solomon Ohana

PS. Feki, blue and white may look nice....But nothing says awesome lie RED RAIDER 4 LIFE. Love ya..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love the pics. You have a beautiful family. William is adorable and growing!!! What a sweet boy! He will be a heartbreaker... =)

Janee said...

Could you imagine the blessings that would come by moving to Michigan! Dan and I will never forget that day we met you in Hawaii thinking, are we crazy?! Your sweet boy is beautiful! And congrats on your anniversary!

Solomon Ohana said...

aloha from hawaii